Wednesday, August 31, 2011

6 Numbers I'll Share

Hint: My weight is not one of the numbers  Hint: Neither is my clothing size.  I'll write more about my thoughts on this at some point in the future.  Right now I'm in a hurry to get out the door.  My world is spinning so quickly these days. 

Also, I did weigh in yesterday.  I took my measurements as well even though it wasn't measurement day.  I was curious.  I am still sitting at my lowest weight since I began working on this in mid-January.  There has been no loss or gain recently, but I haven't been getting in a lot of exercise.  Confession: Some fast food has found its way back into my diet as well.

As I said, there are certain numbers I'm not sharing (at least at this point).  I have a couple of different reasons for that, which I may talk about at a later time.  However, I do think recording numbers can be a great way to hold oneself accountable.  Seeing numbers decrease (or increase, in the case of miles logged) is also a great way to notice that work is paying off and to provide encouragement. 

With that in mind, the 6 numbers I'll share:
1) My BMI has gone down by 2.
2) I've lost 1/2 an inch off my neck.
3) I've lost 1/2 an inch off each bicep.
4) I've lost 2 inches off my waist.
5) I've lost 1 inch off each thigh.
6) I've lost 1 inch off my hips.

This makes me smile.  Satisfaction.  Motivation.  As I've said, I started trying to lose weight (again) in the middle of January.  This time I've been trying to do it the right way.  ...no more yo-yo diets.  Instead I've been working to change my eating habits and to exercise more regularly.  It is a learning process.  I have regular setbacks and disappointments, but I want to finally reach a healthy weight and stay there.  I'm sticking with it. 

I didn't even record measurements until early in April; so these numbers don't reflect changes from the very beginning when some of my largest weight loss was happening each week.  Honestly, I couldn't bear to see the numbers at that point.  I felt ashamed.  Today I am proud of myself.

Who knows when I will update again.  Life is so busy right now.  These days I don't get home until well after:
Sunset in Middle America

No comments:

Post a Comment