Wednesday, December 28, 2011

14 Days (Part Deux)

Remember this: I haven't updated because I haven't known what to say.  I can't find the words.  I can't explain...all that is going on in my world, all that is swirling around in my head, what exactly I'm feeling... 

Well, here I am again, another 14 days later, and I can definitely say that again.  Only this time it is different.  Just like that, things seemed to change in many ways, things began to look up.  But I can't let all the happiness that I'm feeling these days allow me to become complacent, allow me to abandon this journey, allow me to think that, just like that, I am suddenly so far removed from that place I visited just 14 days ago.  No, it is still there, just steps behind me, or perhaps, lurking around some dark corner that awaits just steps ahead.  Yes, I must appreciate this happiness, live it, enjoy it.  But I must not let it lull me into a sense of calm, delude me into forgetting what sits just below the currently still surface.  Instead, I must prepare for the day when I next face it.  I must ensure that I become well-equipped for dealing with it.  Yes, I am happy today and have been for many recent days.  Yes, I appreciate it, but I must not forget that I can't abandon the baby steps, the building blocks, to achieving long-term, consistent happiness, the kind with real staying power.  There's a lot of work that remains, and I appreciate being in a place where I look forward to it.  And, so, I'm back.

P.S. Oh, and there's a lot of details to fill in from the last month as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment